It would help if you had a good awareness of Vitiligo and healthy living to treat your Vitiligo naturally.
This will help you devise a plan to fix Vitiligo by natural means. Vitiligo is a condition in which white patches of skin occur in various areas of the body.
This is because the cells that create the pigment (color) melanocyte in the skin is destroyed.
Melanocytes are the primary cells that produce melanin that gives color to the skin. In some instances, these melanocytes are not completely destroyed, and, in that case, it is easier to restore pigment.
People with Vitiligo will need to follow a special diet to prevent the condition from deteriorating or compensate for any nutritional deficiencies. Since it is an autoimmune disorder, a safe diet with a balanced diet rich in antioxidants, phytochemicals, and beta-carotenes from various sources (raw vegetables and fruit) is a good way to help the immune system. A diet with good availability of nutrients that facilitates healthy skin can help with the pigmentation process.
Dietary inputs for vitiligo patients:
1) Foods that are overly bitter should be avoided.
The acidity of the food can potentially inhibit the development of melanin due to its acidic nature.
2) Non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as much as possible because they serve as a foreign body to pigment cells.
3) The intake of vitamin B-12 rich food is highly successful in reversing Vitiligo. Various medical studies and analyses have shown that vitamin B-12 deficiency appears to increase homocysteine, a compound responsible for the degradation of skin pigmentation in different areas of the body.
These are inputs and observations and may or may not work for all.
# The Right Diet For Treatment Of Vitiligo
There are a few essential foods and supplements that patients, doctors, and dietitians should know about. This knowledge will help them plan a customized nutrition plan for themselves/their patients.
# Where can I learn more about Vitiligo Diet?
The “Vitiligo Treatment: Diet & Supplements Guide
” course on Institute Nutrition was designed to help patients and professionals gain knowledge and expand the horizon of Vitiligo treatment through the right diet.
Some of the topics from the course are listed below:
1) Discovering 10+ triggers from your daily routine
2) Discovering 3 strains that boosts up our immunity!
3) 5+ Dietary supplements every vitiligo patient should know about.
For more information on the course visit:
Since you are here and look curious about learning more about the subject, we would like to add more to your learning experience.
Use coupon code “blog15” to get 15% off while enrolling in the course.
Our students, both patients and nutrition professionals, have found this course to be of immense value to plan a nutrition strategy for themselves/ their patients.
We hope this will add value to you as well.